- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- Solving the postspawn puzzleThe postspawn probably isn't anyone's favorite time to go bass fishing, but it can be very productive. read more […]
- Ask Evers anythingEdwin Evers will take your questions live today on Twitter from noon to 12:30 p.m. ET using hashtag #basschat. read more […]
- Ask Skeet anythingSkeet Reese will take your questions live today on Twitter from noon to 12:30 p.m. ET using hashtag #basschat. read more […]
- Welcome to SplitsvilleWhen the bass bite is tough and traditional presentations put you in the gutter, consider rolling out the split shot. read more […]
- New Hampshire Junior Bassmasters win high school championshipConnor Farrington and Cam Sterritt of the New Hampshire Junior Bassmasters won the inaugural New Hampshire high school championship. read more […]
- Solving the postspawn puzzle
- Jersey auction to benefit autism awarenessJohn Crews' jersey is up for auction, and proceeds will benefit an autism awareness campaign. read more […]
- H.S. Experience in MontgomeryHigh school anglers met and talked to Elites during the Alabama River Charge in Montgomery. read more […]
- West Point Lake high school weigh-inWatch high school kids weigh in during the West Point Lake Battle.read more […]
- In the cardsCoby Carden held onto his Day 2 lead to win the 2013 B.A.S.S. Nation Southern Divisional Friday on Douglas Lake, and it was a catch in the last 10 minutes of competition that sealed the deal. read more […]
- International Nations of B.A.S.S.From multiple chapters in North America to chapters abroad in Africa, Europe and Asia, the camaraderie of bass clubs is worldwide. read more […]
- Jersey auction to benefit autism awareness
Author Archives: Jeff Narron
The 2013 B.A.S.S. Nation Southern Divisional has begun on Douglas Lake in Eastern Tennessee. Follow all of the action, including live, daily, weigh-ins here.
Event information can be found here.
Photo: Tyler Reed (Bassmaster.com)
North CarolinaBack row: Randy Parker, Reggie Guffey, Brian Fritts, Roger Hoover, Jeremy Sabo, Dustin Hagwood. Center row: Randy Groves, Jeff Farrell, Shane Lineberger, Cory Leonard, Steve Hildebran, Scott Hamrick, Chuck Murray. Kneeling: Lenny Smathers, Rob Digh, Brock Colby Johnson, Ethan James Howard.
Location: Kerr Lake
Ramp: County Line Ramp
Times: 6:30 AM to 3:30 PM – (Be checked in and have your livewell checked at least 15 minutes prior to blast off).
Other: Tim Gardner will collect the entry fees in the absence of Randy Parker. Danny Hayes will check livewells.
Father-Son Teams On Top
Lake Gaston was the site of the first tournament of the Five County Bassmasters 2013 season. Water temperatures in the upper forties and low fifties made it difficult for all but one of the eight boat field to catch a limit of fish. The only team to accomplish that goal was the [...]
NCBFN member Jeff Farrell has agreed to run a new team trail focusing on Jordan, Harris and Falls Lakes. Lets support this trail. We will also be offering a summer/fall trail focusing on Kerr, Gaston, and a river. More to come on that.
Contact Jeff Farrell for an early boat number. Chuck Murray NCBFN Pres.
View the [...]
March 8, 2013
Dear North Carolina BoatU.S. Member:
The North Carolina General Assembly is considering legislation that would significantly increase registration fees on recreational boats to raise revenue for coastal dredging projects. BoatU.S. is dedicated to preserving access to waterways but S.B. 58 places an unfair financial burden on recreational boaters while ignoring the responsibility of commercial [...]
Details regarding the 2013 Boys & Girls Club tournament event have been released. The event will take place on June 1st 2013.
$3000 to 1st Place and $2000 to 2nd Place guaranteed.
View and download a copy here.
Richard Wayne “Ricky” Ballance, Jr., 26, of Maple, NC died tragically in a boating accident in Currituck County. Born in Pasquotank, he was the son of Patricia White Ballance and the late Richard Wayne Ballance, Sr. and was the husband of Jennifer Parks Ballance. He worked for Lee Electrical Construction and was the owner of [...]
USCG suspends search for missing man
CURRITUCK, N.C. (WAVY) – The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for a 23-year-old man overdue from a canoe trip in North Carolina.
According to the Coast Guard, watchstanders from Elizabeth City were looking for Ricky Balance of Coinjock. Balance’s family contacted watchstanders Sunday evening after he didn’t return from [...]
The final event for the 2012 Five County Bassmaster season took place on Shearon Harris reservoir. Randy Parker, with youth member Hunter Mizeur at his side, took the top spot in this final event to record his first win as a Five County member. Randy described his method of catch as “Junk Fishing”. “I caught [...]